Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Mini Drugstore Haul!



For me, going into the drugstore is a very, very dangerous thing. So when I popped into Boots today for toothpaste, I accidentally came away with some new products to try! If by accidentally, you mean managed to maneuver myself to the opposite side of the store when a "3 for 2" on L'Oreal products sign caught my eye.. I knew I had to pick up some products I'd been lusting after.



I've never really been a lipgloss girl, for me it has always been about matte lipsticks. So when I reached for the L'oreal L'extroadinaire by Colour Riche lipgloss, I knew it had to be something special. It really is a 'liquid lipstick' and although it doesn't have that matte finish I love, it feels so smooth (but not sticky) on the lips it has become a staple in my bag. The applicator is also so precise, so you don't have to worry about mirrors when applying it. I purchased the shade 500 (Molto Mauve) however don't be deceived, it has warm undertones and isn't as 'purple' as you'd assume. I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for more of these when I'm next at the drugstore, shade 101 (Rose Melody) seems like a perfect gloss for spring!




With this purchase, I returned to my haven of matte lipsticks.Not only was the packaging of these lipsticks super chic (hello, textured? I'm digging it) but the colour selection of the L'Oreal Colour Riche Exclusive Reds was fantastic. Pictured here is Blake Lively's red, a bright, but slightly wine pigmented rouge lip. Autumn tends to leave me reaching for dark lipsticks, however this colour is just too beautiful to leave in my make up bag. The lipstick itself is fairly pigmented, not too sheer but enough pigment so it is buildable to get that Hollywood glamour lip. I'm also really intrigued to get a peek at the Colour Riche Exclusive Nudes, because I love an understated lip for everyday wear.




Finally, I gave into the hype and bought a Maybelline colour tattoo creme eye shadow. I'd never been too convinced that these would actually stay on my eyelids for as long as everybody else boasts they do, however, for once, the product lives up to its hype! It's such a smooth, buttery formulation, which is something I've found to be quite rare among highstreet creme eye bases, however, once it is applied, it does not budge. I got the shade 'Permanent Taupe' which is a beautiful neutral and perfect for a natural smokey eye. I'm looking forward to playing around with eyeshadow more now!


What is your favourite drugstore purchase?

Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment