Thursday, 9 October 2014

Things I'm Trying: Meditation Apps.

I love the idea of meditating everyday, but I'm pretty terrible at actually setting aside the time to do it. I've tried doing it as soon as I wake up, right before I go to sleep, after a bath, but nothing seems to work unless I'm reminded to be more mindful. That is why I've resorted to a few different apps to help remind me to meditate.
  • Headspace



Headspace is a meditation app that focuses on simply taking ten minutes out of your day, everyday, to be mindful and meditate. I found this app was probably the best in helping me learn to meditate and its pretty "no frills" in the language used to talk you through meditation.I've used this app just like a podcast and even managed to meditate on the bus! However, it is less 'pushy' than other apps in reminding you to keep it up (Headspace does e-mail you though) so that may be considered a downfall if you need the extra encouragement.

  • Calm



The app 'Calm' takes a bit of a different approach in engaging you with meditation, offering different settings and sounds (such as waves and the beach) paired with a walk-through guide of meditation. The first session is only five minutes, so it is a small time commitment to help learn to be calm! It also can set push notifications to remind you to meditate and take a few minutes to clear your head.


  • Habit Builder



I've been using this app to help track how long I can keep up meditating and also track bad habits I'm avoiding! It is such a useful layout and is very simple and user friendly, showing you which days you were able to meet your goals. Having  list of things you'd like to prioritize also helps to focus your mind on meeting those expectations, which habit builder aids. While this doesn't actually help you meditate or calm you down, it definitely encourages you to keep meditating!


All these apps are available free on the itunes app store, and I'd definitely recommend giving them a try if you're looking to meditate more!

NB: This is not a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. i love headspace and i love it! it really helps me to relax :) id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/10/cosmo-blog-awards-part-two-event.html xx

    ReplyDelete