Saturday, 18 October 2014

Becky Makes: Blackberry Jam









When I woke up this morning I didn't intend on going for a walk. In fact, I really fancied turning over and sleeping the day away, right until I opened my curtains. It was sunny. In October. I knew I had to get outside and do something. So I went blackberry picking, had a lovely walk (including an encounter with a pair of deer, who were gorgeous and prancing about fields) and it made me appreciate the countryside so much. 



Had I not decided the sieze the opportunity and go for a walk I wouldn't have made this lovely jam, nor seen the deer, nor have burns on my finger tips (darn delicious looking too hot jam)!












So here's my thought of the day: get outside, make some jam, do something that makes you happy! All too often I get caught up in what is sensible and what is easier to do. Break those boundaries once in a while, you might just get something to spread on your toast.



1 comment:

  1. ive never made jam before but really want to try it!! theres nothing nicer than a home made victoria sponge filled with amazing jam! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/10/roger-gallet-lait-sorbet-body-lotion.html xx

    ReplyDelete