Sunday, 26 October 2014

Autumn Beauty Essentials



This month, I've definitely had an overhaul of my skincare regime and I thought I'd share some of my essentials to get through the autumn chilly weather!

First of all, I have to jump on the bandwagon and recommend the Body Shop 'Cool & Creamy Tea Tree' face wash. I naturally have quite troublesome skin, and shy away from anything too rich or too astringent, but this is the perfect balance; it keeps breakouts away but doesn't leave your skin dry! This alongside the staple of the 'Chamomile Silky Cleansing Oil' (which is perfect for dissolving make-up) I've tried more expensive products, but nothing replaces this one. I'm really a fan of the double cleansing routine at the moment, and these two seem to go together so fantastically!




I've also gone back to using foundation for the first time in years. Though I still love my trusty NARS tinted moisturiser, I was really intrigued about the Max Factor Skin Luminizer foundation (I wear shade 45- Warm Almond), which contains vitamin E. I really love that it gives a bit more coverage, but still gives you a glowy, hydrated complexion. Also, for the first time ever, I'm not the lightest shade in the collection! Flawless skin with the Bad Gal mascara fluttery lashes? Perfect.


Now I have to talk about my most extravagant purchase recently.. a Jo Malone cologne in Peony & Blush Suede. I cannot resist the scent of peonies. I just can't. So when I had a smell of this perfume I knew it would be 'my' scent. Last year I wore Honey by Marc Jacobs pretty much constantly, but this has replaced it ten times over. It is a beautiful light floral, which doesn't smell powdery or too girly, thanks to the wood base notes. I've already had so many compliments on it and I find myself sniffing my wrist all day. Needless to say, Jo Malone is always on point.




Autumn almost always equates to chapped lips for me, but not this year. I'm not sure how I survived life without Blistex Intensive Moisturiser before, but my bag almost always has a couple of tubes, just in case my lips feel dry. It is so important to keep nasty, flaky lips at bay and this does the trick! It also acts as a perfect base before applying any lip colours that may be drying (Maybelline Colour Drama collection, I'm looking at you).


My autumn go-to lip colour has been the shade 107 in the Kate Moss collection for Rimmel London. It is such a beautiful wine shade that looks really nice when paired with a 1950's cat eye! While the shade is dark enough that it makes a statement, it is build-able and is easily worn lightly with a lip gloss during the day time.





The Barry M 'Natural Glow' palette has become my best friend the last couple of months. For an inexpensive palette (around the seven pounds mark) it has a really good mixture of matte and shimmer shades, which are not chalky and have good staying power! My only criticisms are the blush included is incredibly light and would be more functional as a highlighter and the applicators included are not good! However, for a simple nude base or a smokey eye, it's hard to go wrong purchasing this. Especially when considering the Urban Decay Naked palettes are fifty pounds!




Finally I want to rave about the Maybelline Colour Drama lip pencils. They are fantastic. The colour range is amazing and the staying power is admirable, especially for a drugstore product! I've been wearing the shade 140- 'Minimalist' as a perfect daytime nude, though berry shades such as 210- 'Keep It Classy' are perfect for more formal, nighttime make-up. My only criticism is that these pencils are very, very drying and it is essential to prime your lips with a good lip moisturiser or balm. They slip into a make-up bag so easily though, and there is something about the novelty of a matte lip pencil that makes me very, very happy.

What are your essential beauty items for autumn?


Becky xx



No comments:

Post a Comment