Wednesday, 10 September 2014

London's Calling











I spent an amazing couple of days in London recently visiting my friend Heather. Even though crowded and busy places tend to make me spooked and anxious, we had a really lovely relaxed time and I managed to stay mostly anxiety-free!

When I arrived in London I was so excited to go and see A Streetcar Named Desire, which is currently being staged at the Young Vic, and it did not disappoint! I have read the play (and loved it) so I was worried it wouldn't live up to expectations, but Gillian Anderson was an amazing choice of actress for Blanche and I would go and see it again in a heartbeat, if only to stare in awe at the revolving set! However I also really enjoyed going to Spitalfields market and Brick Lane, while I didn't get anything (I'm ever the indecisive person)  it really made me fall a bit more in love with the capital. Also, has anybody tried the beigels? Amazing.






Also I got to try the Rebel Kitchen Chai Mylk.... I'm in love. I absolutely love everything chai, but I've been trying to cut down on my caffeine intake so this coconut milk drink is the perfect substitute. Also dairy free means perfect for me! I might have to visit London a little more often..

No comments:

Post a Comment