Friday, 5 September 2014

Hello, September.



It is official. September is here and it is now that we begin to welcome autumn with open arms. Autumn has always been my favourite season, not just because I have a real love affair with layers and jumpers, but because it seems to just bring a freshness in the air in Britain. In short, while I will definitely miss the long evenings of summer and the heat waves (however brief they were)  I'm looking forward to all that autumn will bring.

In fact, I've decided to set myself some goals for autumn, ahead of going back to university.

The first is to make sure I include more time to be mindful and meditate. I've begun meditation recently to help my anxiety and I've found it has really helped (more on this in another post!) and I'd really like to keep up with it, especially considering the stress of going back to university! I feel like it is so important to take a few minutes out of every single day just to focus on staying calm and aware of your body.


The next goal for autumn is to stay on top of my blogging schedule- but also dedicate time to writing in my journal. I've absolutely loved setting up Peaches & Teas and its something incredibly important to me to keep thinking of a lot of new, creative content to post! However, I feel like I have neglected writing as much in my personal journal in favour of Peaches & Teas, so this autumn I'd really love to find a healthy balance for both!

Finally, I'd love to go out and be more active! While this is a pretty cliche goal, I've really enjoyed swimming and walking since I've been home for summer and I'd love to continue this. I've got so many fond memories of taking autumn walks at home, but I'd love to explore more around where I live at university and really take advantage of the coast!

What are your goals for autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment