Thursday, 28 August 2014

What's In My Suitcase? Summer Edition.


I'm officially off on a staycation with my family. I've definitely been really stressed lately thanks to university work and a few million other things (let's be honest, don't we all feel like floating bundles of stress on a regular basis?) but this has made packing for the trip such a relief. For a week, I'm going to do my best to disconnect from all the negative vibes and travel south to the sun (hopefully, I mean, it is Britain).

So, what's in my suitcase? I've attempted, albeit slightly unsuccessfully, to travel light.

I've kept to one set of pyjamas, which is always tough for me, though it is my cat printed teddy romper! Also taking pride of place in my suitcase is my topshop swimsuit, which has such a lovely fifties style.



Also, while packing I've realised I've become a bit of a dove haircare addict. I was already intrigued after hearing essiebutton rave about the range, but I had to try it myself to realise just how amazing it is. In fact, I've always had really damaged hair, mainly due to dying my hair too much a few years ago, but its improved so much since I started using their intensive repair range. The dry oil is amazing too, even though I have never got on with moroccan/argan oils (too heavy) the pomegranate seed oil in the Dove oil doesn't weigh your hair down! Hurrah for fine hair!

This makes it easily an essential when going away and facing chlorine pools!





When it comes to make-up, I've taken just enough to get by, a few daytime and evening lipsticks, my usual tinted moisturiser. mascara and brow gel. Pretty simple but enough - the main consideration is a decent facial sunscreen, an absolute non-negotiable must be in the suitcase item!


What is your essential item in your suitcase?

5 comments:

  1. Love the swimsuit - great colour combination

    .Georgina Clare.
    www.georginaclare.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've nominated you for the 'Around the world tag'
    Have a look at my post and see if you want to give it a go :)
    http://prettyinpips.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/around-world.html
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I noticed you use nars foundation. Where did you buy it from, I've been looking for some for so long!! Loving the blog by the way xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! I get my Nars products from space.NK apothecary - there is one in Harvey Nics! The make up is on the pricey side but you only need a little as it goes a long way! xxx

      Delete