Friday, 22 August 2014

New In My Make-Up Bag: Revlon Lipsticks and Lip Butters.







So, I confess. Prior to last week, I have only ever owned owned one lipstick, given to me by my mother, a couple of years ago. That is not to say I'm a lipgloss addict either, I am usually a tinted-balm-and-go kind of lady, but I've been wanting to get more out of my comfort zone in beauty products, so here we go.

I decided to get two neutral 'every day' shades and a couple of brighter and darker berry shades for winter. Thank god for special offers in Boots. Let me tell you, the formulation of the Revlon Lip Butters is gorgeous. So, so smooth and the two shades I chose (Peach Parfait and Macaroon) are so easy to wear due to the sheer and  buttery formulation.

The Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks I chose are also pretty fantastic, really well pigmented and the staying power of the colour is really, really good. Definitely a hidden gem that I don't see blogged about often. On that note, that reminds me I really need to pick up a Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick. It is essential to my well being.

 I may be becoming slightly addicted to lipstick. In that, the first thing I go to when I'm in the drug store is the lipsticks... and then swatch all of them.

From Left to Right: Wild Orchid, Peach Parfait, Amethyst Shell, Macaroon

So with these new additions, I might just have to accept that simply the Baby Lips and dash method I had applied to my routine is going to have to go. Hello lipsticks, where have you been all my life?


What is the best lipstick you've tried lately?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Revlon lip butters, they are so easy to use. Definitely my current favourite lip products.
    Zeynab xx
    The Beautifully Disastrous

    ReplyDelete